Sunday, March 28, 2010

And the winner is...ANGRY HOUSEWIVES EATING BON-BONS


Well ladies, get ready for some life lessons learned and laugh-out-loud moments (lots of them!). I've tallied the votes and the first title selection for Busy Woman's Book Club is Angry Housewives Eating Bon-Bons by Lorna Landvik.

Meet the five women of Freesia Court who believe there's nothing better than good coffee, delicious desserts, and strong friendships. Laughter is definitely the glue that holds them together: there's Faith, a lonely mother of twins who harbors a terrible secret; big, beautiful Audrey, the resident sex queen; Merit, the shy doctor's wife with the face of an angel living in a private hell with an abusive husband; Kari, a wise woman with a wonderful laugh; and finally, Slip, a tiny spitfire of a woman who isn't afraid to look trouble straight in the eye. Which housewife will you most relate to? Find out as you sit, relax, and enjoy our first book selection.

Discussions will begin next week - Sunday, April 4. Feel free to post online at Facebook or comment here on the blog. You can also send an email to busywomansbookclub@gmail.com.

HAPPY READING!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book! My favorite character is Audrey...and Slip...and Merit...and Faith...and Kari. I cannot choose just one, I see too much of myself in all of them. I had so many laugh-out-loud moments while reading this, and I cried like a baby too. Great selection Busy Woman's Book Club!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete